Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I enjoyed the readings, and getting together to talk about them. I get more out of that, than blogging, but that could change. I apologize for always bringing up the "relevance" issue. I just get so alarmed at the frame of mind of so many people in "the heartland". Clearly, little heart, in the land. Lots of fear and aggression, and willful ignorance. I've decided to focus on the solutions, more than the many, myriad, alarming problems. Marcuse got so much right. And there are many, many people, progressive people, also with their "eyes on the prize". Working for sustainability, in human relations and our relationship to our environment. Our quest is to write eloquently with all the passion of rage, elucidating issues that hourly get obfuscated by Fox, etc. As Craig said, what better to maintain the status quo--devolution through poor nutrition, brain and belly. Well, he didn't exactly say that.
More later, on our man Marcuse...

1 comment:

  1. You wrote:

    Our quest is to write eloquently with all the passion of rage, elucidating issues that hourly get obfuscated by Fox, etc.

    Well said!

    And I'm with you in regards to this fear of the Tea Party, the Heartland, etc. I think we're headed for some really dark times, even darker than the Bush years. I used to think I could live beyond the darkness, that even if I couldn't stop or thwart it, I could at least live beyond its reach within the counter culture or extreme privacy. But I've recently realized that there isn't any escape. It's too ubiquitous and too irrational to anticipate and avoid.

    More later!

    ReplyDelete