Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I am very excited and most honored to be included in this group.  I look forward to being able to contribute more to future discussions.  With the National Women's Studies Association's annual conference approaching this weekend, women's issues have been in the forefront of my mind.  A more contemporary example of revolutionary art came to me; the Guerrilla Girls.  As their website explains they work to "expose sexism and racism in politics, the art world, film and the culture at large."  As their name suggests, they use guerrilla tactics and interactive art to convey their message.


I would love to say more, but I am consumed by preparations for the conference and my big move coming up this weekend.  Thank you everyone, I look forward to sharing and learning with you.

1 comment:

  1. the poster is HILARIOUS (and a perfect representation of situationist detournment, too)!

    ReplyDelete